When you open the business files from the network service or simply restoring the backup files, you may experience QuickBooks Error 6123.
QuickBooks is well-known as the most useful and powerful software for businesses. The main reason to use this software is that it saves both time and money. This feature makes it suitable for all kinds of businesses and companies, regardless of their sizes. This software streamlines and simplifies accounting, reporting, and tracking. Most significantly, it can ensure that the management of business finance is simpler. If you want to grab the benefits, you need to upgrade your company file to QuickBooks. When you open the business files from the network service or simply restoring the backup files, you may experience QuickBooks Error 6123. It does not allow you to restore your backup. Hence, it is the right time to find a perfect solution for this error. This guide helps you know the causes of this error and steps involved in fixing this error.
What causes QuickBooks Error 6123?
There are lots of reasons available for why QuickBooks Error 6123 occur that include:
- Disrupted network link from a host server
- Restoring the business file from the external storage system
- Damaged QuickBooks business data file
- Damaged Windows
- Firewall settings disrupting QuickBooks software to open the business file
- McAfee Antivirus tool is used on the device. It interferes with the QuickBooks services
What are the steps involving in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6123?
If you QuickBooks users, you need to be aware of the procedure for resolving different kinds of errors occurring in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks File Doctor
It is advised to download this file from the trusted source before running it on your device. After that, you can browse your company file. You can choose Check File Damage Only and click on Diagnose File. In this stage, you can enter the Admin Password before clicking on the “Ok” button. The next step is to choose “Open File in Newer Version” or “Repair File in an existing version.” You can follow the further steps displayed on your screen. Finally, you can reboot the computer.
Step 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG file
You can open the folder, which is having your company file. Then, you can choose the respected >ND file of the company. You can right-click on your company file and select the Rename option. After that, you can rename .ND file to .ND.OLD. Along with this, you can choose .TLG file and also rename your .TLG file. Finally, you can rename your .TLG file to .TLG.OLD. Now, you can open the QuickBooks Company file.
Alternative methods to fix the QuickBooks error
Still, if you are not able to open the QuickBooks business file, you can try out other methods that are capable of resolving your issues.
Move your Company File to any other location
In this method, you can move the file to a completely different location. After that, you can open it. In addition, if you use the server connection, you can copy the file on the system you are utilizing the QuickBooks software and open the file.
Make use of Auto Data Recovery option
It is the way of restoring the QuickBooks adr file copy of your file and seeing if it works. Also, there are some possibilities that the files are corrupted, and it may resolve the QuickBooks error 6123.
Uninstall antivirus programs
In some instances, the antivirus interferes with your company. Due to this, you are not able to open the QuickBooks company file. Hence, it is advised to disable your antivirus program before trying to open your file. It may resolve your QuickBooks error 6123.
How to reinstall QuickBooks?
- At first, you have to uninstall the existing QuickBooks software from your control panel
- You can have the license and product information available
- After that, you can download the right version of QuickBooks or simply insert CD
- You can install the QuickBooks software successfully by following the common procedures
- The next step is to enter both the license and product information
- Finally, you can open your company file
- Make a new window user
- There is a chance that the existing Login of Windows User is corrupted
- The first step is to open the control panel
- Here, you can click on “create new user” in the user icon. You can choose Administrator for the user type
- Next, you can log out of your existing windows user
- After restarting your company, you can log in your account by using the new user details or credentials
- You can move your company file to the desktop
- At last, you can open QuickBooks software and access your company file
When all these methods fail to work well, you can contact the Quickbooks technical support number 1-833-468-8482. The team of highly efficient and experienced technical advisors is capable of troubleshooting the problem. Most significantly, they can guide you to ensure that you can enjoy the complete functionality of QuickBooks.